What is a Tuff Spot and how do I buy one?

A Tuff spot is a large octagonal tray originally aimed at builders, but they are now incredibly popular in early years settings. They have raised sides which are great for keeping messy play contained. They are strong and robust enough to survive the delicate hands of young children!

You might find them also called “Mixing tray” or “Builders cement tray”.

Where can I buy a Tuff Spot in the UK?

We bought ours from the following Amazon (affiliate) links:


A popular add-on for the Tuff Spot is a stand that turns a floor activity into a table-height activity. We recently bought this one from Amazon.